New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How much would you pay per test case?

Ask HN: How much would you pay per test case?
3 by EddieJLSH | 4 comments on Hacker News.
I am moving countries this summer and decided I'd try a startup project I've been thinking about for some time - a QA-as-a-Service company that helps startups build up E2E automated coverage & manage CI etc from video demos of their product. I'm currently thinking about pricing and I like the idea of an initial cost per test & monthly maintenance fee. This includes all test planning, development of those tests, CI costs, reviewing bugs, reporting to the client, etc... I have not really got an idea of how to price this though. Has anyone done something similar before with a good idea on pricing structures? These are end-to-end tests of a single feature - I know it's hard to generertalize but I don't think this works with bespoke pricing, ideally it can be transparent and upfront. Maybe some sort of categories with different pricing could help, "easy, medium, hard" etc, but that seems too arbitrary.