New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How to learn nftables? It's extremely complicated or it's just me?

Ask HN: How to learn nftables? It's extremely complicated or it's just me?
4 by profwalkstr | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I can understand and work well with firewalld, ufw and of course, iptables. I have a CCNA (Cisco network certification) so I know a thing or two about networking (although it's not my specialty). I'm interested in migrating to nftables but find it impossible to learn it. Even learning the Rust programming language is a walk in the park compared to learning nftables. A lot of people say that nftables syntax is easier than iptables. I can't understand how anyone could say that. To me, iptables syntax is a lot easier, logical, simple to understand. Nftables syntax on the other hand seems like an alien language with alien grammar. It's very hard to understand and comprehend its logic. I've tried the Arch Wiki, the Gentoo Wiki, the manpages and of course the official nftables wiki. I only get more confused the more I try to understand the nftables "language". Is there a resource like "Nftables for Dummies"? If you know the nftables language and can work well with it, how did you learn it? Or the way most people use it is by writing iptables rules and using that tool to "translate" iptables rules to nftables? Does anyone actually understands and has mastered the nftables language?