New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How do you handle user license provisioning for a subscription product?

Ask HN: How do you handle user license provisioning for a subscription product?
2 by Mertax | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I’m developing a B2B SaaS product that uses a subscription model. I’m looking at services like Okta/Auth0/Azure AD B2C for customer identity & user account management. To manage subscriptions I’m planning to use a service like Chargebee/Recurly/Chargify or maybe just Stripe. What I don’t see is a product that marries these 2 services. Is there a reason most SaaS companies end up developing their own licensing provisioning tools? It seems like this is another product/service that could be offered? I don’t feel my requirements are all that unique. I basically need a customer front end that allows subscription owners to assign licenses to specific user identities. My app would then just have to validate that the current user has an active/paid subscription. Am I overlooking a product or service that’s already out there? Or is this something I’m going to have to develop myself?