New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Which US college has the best program for non-degree seeking adults?

Ask HN: Which US college has the best program for non-degree seeking adults?
4 by yuy910616 | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I just turned 30 this year and am yearning to go back to college. I'm working full time so I'm looking to go to school part time. I already have a bachelor degree and don't need another one. But I've repeatedly found that I'm interested in topics such as philosophy, film, finance, mathematics, biology, and many other topics traditionally taught at universities. At this point of my career, I'm just looking to learn; signaling is not important There are a ton of free content online, and I know I can work through text books. However, in my experience online content suffer from two issues. One is lack of roadmap - hard to tackle unknown unknown. Two is lack of community and interactivity - when I get stuck on a problem, it's hard to get help; there is also no quizzes, homework, and tests that facilitate learning. I know there are many, many talented engineers and product folks working on these problems. I get it - I just prefer to go back to college where there is a quality baseline. Please let me know if you know of any US university that: 1. Good school - preferably state school 2. In person classes 3. Has programs that cater to working professionals