New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Video conferencing solution for 1x1 guitar lessons?

Ask HN: Video conferencing solution for 1x1 guitar lessons?
2 by mvanga | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Thanks to working from home during the pandemic I recovered some extra time from my daily commute, and I've been taking guitar lessons online. So far I've tried Skype and Zoom but the latency and audio quality are really quite terrible. Skype's audio quality isn't particularly great and the video quality seems to adjust automatically during the call. With Zoom (web client) it does all kinds of weird zooming (!) of the camera (web client) and the audio quality was horrific (web and desktop client). For now we've reverted back to Skype. Is there any solution anyone can recommend that focuses on *minimizing latency and maximizing audio quality above all the other features* (e.g., I don't need any team features; the ability to record a session would be nice but not required)? I'm even willing to look at self-hosted solutions at this point. Thanks!