New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: What is a good way to build a web application in 2021

Ask HN: What is a good way to build a web application in 2021
8 by ab_testing | 4 comments on Hacker News.
Hello HN, I last build web applications almost a decade or more back and am mostly in a PM role for now. About a decade back, we were building web applications with JQuery and Javascript. The frameworks involved a lot of manual work and the separation of business rules and data was hard to maintain. But the plus point was that every line of code that went into the system was known to me. However, exploring the current web application development landscape seems a lot more scary now. Nodejs with 100's of dependencies for each basic task and tools like yarn, gulp, bower confuse me more today. My business requirements are mostly to build a transactional crud system with a moderately complex workflow rules (i.e data passes to various stakeholders who approve/reject/modify data). I am exploring a the right development methodology for this task. My skillset is just HTML, CSS, Javascript and Python.