New ask Hacker News story: On-call problems here are mine. Do you feel the same way?

On-call problems – here are mine. Do you feel the same way?
3 by on-call_guy | 2 comments on Hacker News.
Hi Folks, Being on-call has been one of the most painful part of my job as a software engineer now a days. There were a lot of stressful weeks I had spend with completely demotivated about how much time I have been spending on these issues which can be spent on the innovation. So I have listed my top issues in below ranks. I was wondering if others feel the same pain? I also wonder why can there be a solution built for these? 1. I do not have enough information in alert to jump right on the resolution 2. It’s not easy to find similar alerts triggered recently so that I can go back and find how they were fixed? 3. I don’t find runbooks useful most of the times as they are not up to date 4. I don’t know if there were any recently merged changes which caused these alerts/incidents 5. A lot of the time, I don’t know whom to reach out to if this alert is from other team. 6. I have to go to multiple systems to update the statuses or notes 7. I have to summarize all the details again as a part of on-call handoff summary doc at the end of the rotation