New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Recommendations for a New Domain Registrar?

Ask HN: Recommendations for a New Domain Registrar?
4 by buggy6257 | 7 comments on Hacker News.
With the announcement of Google Domains shutting down and being sold off to Squarespace, I find myself losing the one registrar I had any trust in. In retrospect it was REALLY dumb of me to trust that a Google product that wasn't Ads/Youtube/Search to not shut down, but here I am. I dunno much about Squarespace -- haven't used them at all, since I prefer making my own websites/apps -- so I'm leery about using a registrar that's so focused on products and addons and other stuff. I'm looking for recommendations for a registrar that: - Has a reasonably modern interface - Has easy to use DNS settings etc - Has modern features (WHOIS protection etc), preferably built-in without needing to pay out the ass - Doesn't have scummy practices (*cough* GODADDY *cough* GANDI *cough*) Thanks ahead of time!