New ask Hacker News story: Will the current high tech salaries last?

Will the current high tech salaries last?
5 by joconde | 11 comments on Hacker News.
I've been reading a lot here about how high salaries currently are, due to a shortage of engineers/the Big Quit/startups being showered with funding/whatever other reasons. I see figures like 200k-300k in the Bay Area, and maybe similar for remote positions. I'm getting FOMO as a young engineer in deep learning/computer vision at a small European company. My plan was to stay at my interesting job with average pay until I stop growing, then hopefully jump to a company that pays better when I feel like it. But what if the market shifts and salaries go down? Is there any indication of what the job market will become for tech employees in the next few years?