New ask Hacker News story: DreamHost shared server cannot disable logging IP addresses

DreamHost shared server cannot disable logging IP addresses
5 by shadowgovt | 1 comments on Hacker News.
To try and simplify the privacy story on my static webpage (hosted on a shared DreamHost server), I tried disabling IP address logging on Apache HTTP access logs. After failing to figure out how, I filed a customer support ticket and received this answer: - - - Thank you for contacting DreamHost Support! I’ll be happy to help today! I'm afraid that on Shared Hosting it is not possible to do that, nor on the VPS, as it is also a form of shared hosting, albeit more isolated and robust. You could do it with a Dedicated server or our economical cloud solution, DreamCompute. You can find out more about these here: https://ift.tt/584vIaw We are here to help 24/7.