New ask Hacker News story: Career Change from Software Development

Career Change from Software Development
3 by Moezart | 3 comments on Hacker News.
I have been a software developer for 5 years and I’m not a great programmer. I’ve only been with one company since graduating and I feel like I’m not advancing. Last month I talked to my manager about a senior developer position and the manager explained to me we’re not looking for one at this time. After a week he called me and offered me market adjustment raise which I not that great. A couple minutes ago I opened LinkedIn and found out my team mate got promoted to a senior dev. I actually helped couching him when he was hired two years ago and I have been involved in more projects than him. He actually deserves it and he’s a great developer, but I feel really depressed right now I feel like I’m not interested in software development anymore and would like to leave my company. I speak both English and Arabic and I wonder what my options are? Any suggestions? I’m really lost