New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: What are some companies that value quality code?

Ask HN: What are some companies that value quality code?
3 by curiousEagle | 6 comments on Hacker News.
Hi HN, (Using a throwaway account for reasons that are hopefully obvious.) Feeling very burned out with my current role. Long story short, I'm on a small team where no one seems to care about (or maybe even understand?) code quality. I frequently get chastised in PRs for refactoring logic from multiple controllers into service classes, one of the senior devs says he doesn't want to adopt the repository pattern because he likes how convenient it is to just be able to type ModelName.save, and I'm constantly explaining or even defending things like single-responsibility and other basic SOLID concepts. To be clear, 100% behind the fact that these principles can be badly abused, mis-used, mis-applied, etc, but we're not talking about that here. We're talking "suggesting 'hey maybe we shouldn't keep sticking business logic in controllers' gets greeted by crickets" level of cluelessness/ambivalence/whatever here. I've been in the industry full-time since 2014, and I've worked at several places where my colleagues genuinely valued and had management support for delivering high-quality code and using good engineering practices, so I know they exist. It's just a sea of job boards out there and, so far, I've found that you never really know what you're getting into until you actually work at a place. So what are some places that you know of that legitimately have a culture of delivering quality code by a deadline? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I think it's time for me to make a change.