New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: What do you use for your personal document hell?

Ask HN: What do you use for your personal document hell?
9 by sidarok | 14 comments on Hacker News.
My SO uses iPhone and I use Android, I think we'll both soon go mad with all the pictures of the documents sent to post that we have to take a digital action for. Contracts, Appliance Invoices, insurance, Kids' documents, Receipts, Fines, government documents, bills, tickets, passes etc. Are basically taking ages to find, even if we were wise to take a picture would take ages to refind. I have both OneDrive and Dropbox, the UX is horrible for these simple searches. I know that Shoebox exists, but paying at least 18$ a month for wanting to store my documents on my phone in a neat way looks to much of a demand for me. (and that has a limitation). I'm not even asking for a fancy OCR. Is there an app out there for this? What do you use?