New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Is Reddit Becoming Dumber?

Ask HN: Is Reddit Becoming Dumber?
3 by Mahn | 3 comments on Hacker News.
I realize that asking this probably makes me sound like an asshole, but bear with me for a second. When I joined Reddit, circa 2012, it had its shared of misinformed, poorly researched comments/posts like every other internet community, but as long as you stuck to niche subreddits it was mostly downvoted and contained. As the years pass and I pick up new niche interests, my instinct is to turn to Reddit to find like minded individuals, but more and more increasingly I find that misinformed and poorly researched content is becoming the default and taking over the more quality content. Is this everyone else's experience with Reddit lately as well or I'm just becoming more of an asshole as I age? Genuinely curious what others think.