New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How do small to medium startups hire?

Ask HN: How do small to medium startups hire?
5 by riksucks | 4 comments on Hacker News.
To give you a background, I am a second year CS student. I was recently contacted by a company which just had it's series A funding. The HR recruited me (probably solely because of keywords in resume). Now, I wonder how startups hire, since they have to allocate money judiciously, especially the seed stage startups. What I believe is that not only do you have to choose people who are good at technical aspect, but also someone who gets along with the team. Also eager to know if startups consider other aspects too. Do founders regret their decisions during their early hirings? so 1) what is the paradigm that is being followed nowadays by seed and series A startups to hire the right candidate? 2) are the HRs inept? 3) what aspects these early startups are looking for, from a candidate? these questions might be very straight forward, but bear with me since I am a student. eager to see constructive discussions!