New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Burned out SaaS founder: how to go minimal

Ask HN: Burned out SaaS founder: how to go minimal
3 by burnedout008 | 3 comments on Hacker News.
Not trolling. I am a regular HN'er but throwaway account. I the solo founder of a SAAS company and personally I made $400K from the business for myself last year. I have a million dollar home. I have paid off cars. I have a great life on paper BUT lately I am miserable as hell. I have been trying to figure out what went wrong because I thought I am living my dream (running my own business which I do) I am so lonely. I am strong enough that I don't consider killing myself or anything like that but I feel so lost right now. I am considering selling EVERYTHING (including the business and my home) and going really minimal. I have not lived minimally since 2006 (started making 100K plus since then). I am worth 2 Million dollars but feel like a failure. I know you will say 1st world problem and all but I have worked my ass off to get here and nothing came to me handed. I had to earn every bit of it. I work 60-70 hours per week on the business. I am just so tired of this race. Trying to grow the business (solo founder), customers bullshit, employees bullshit and what not. My wife and I fight about doing upgrades in the house which is never enough. The more money we make, the more we are trying to keep up with in this rat race of materialistic things. Looking for advice from people like me who went minimal since I think that may be a possible option for me. Live a simpler life and then focus on doing things that may bring back that sense of happiness I used to have when I was in college. I know I cannot be caged in corporate jobs. What do I do ? I do have 2 kids and a wife so I am not sure what do but I feel stuck in this life style.