New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How did you switch to part time?

Ask HN: How did you switch to part time?
7 by throwaway1178 | 4 comments on Hacker News.
I currently work a full time week for a small ~10 person dev agency. I want to switch to a 3 (or even 4) day work week - reduced hours, not compressed. I’m unsure how to best pitch this. Would love any advice, stories about how you made it work (or failed to), etc. I’m most interested in people who’ve just reduced their existing full time role to part time, but would also love to hear other solutions - switching to contracting, switching jobs, increasing holidays, anything really. As an agency we bill hourly so it’s hourly salary * markup - I.e me working fewer hours = less cost but less profit. That’s why I’m struggling to see how to make this appealing.