New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Should I spend the next two years learning Magento 2?

Ask HN: Should I spend the next two years learning Magento 2?
2 by Red_Tarsius | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Long story short, I'm eligible to join a state funded program on web/e-commerce development. It features over a thousand hours of training (and internship), over half of them being about the Magento 2 platform. It wouldn't cost me anything but it's a major commitment time-wise. It seems an interesting opportunity but I worry about overspecialization. Despite dabbling in programming and being on HN for 8 years, I don't come from a technical background so I can't fully understand the reliability of the platform and the future payoff of such training. I asked around my trusted dev friends irl, but I'd like to hear the opinion of HN users as well, especially the ones who had to deal with Magento 2.