New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Do FAANG and hire designer developers?

Ask HN: Do FAANG and hire designer developers?
4 by thrawayUnicorn | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Hi all, For my entire career (15+ years) I’ve worked at startups as a designer who codes. I really enjoy the startup scene, wearing multiple hats, and shipping quickly. The older I get though, the more the opportunity cost of not joining a FAANG type is weighing on my mind financially. I’ve never applied to one of these companies, and while I know my skill set is incredibly valuable to startups where urgency and velocity are important, I’ve wondered if I could even be hired at a much larger company where urgency seems less critical, and roles seem more specialized… I’m sure I could apply as only a designer or front end dev, but I really enjoy both and would hate to give one up. If you work at one of these companies, have you ever worked with a colleague who does both? or do you? And if so, how was the experience? Thank you!