New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Recovery from burnout, what did you do?

Ask HN: Recovery from burnout, what did you do?
2 by dirtybirdnj | 1 comments on Hacker News.
Hello HN, I'm a software engineer with about 10yrs experience living in the US. I've had some really bad luck with my last few jobs and despite my experience I'm having trouble feeling like I can do things within my career, even those I've previously been qualified for. My lack of ability to positively change my situation has caused me to experience significant and persistent burnout, depression, stress and anxiety. I've been out of my chosen field for at least 6mo and the past 2yrs have been a checkerboard of mismatched employment and unemployment. I recently took a job outside my field to try to get my mind in a better place but it's just caused further anxiety due to the financial stress it's adding to an already bad situation. It's also a very low paying job that is physically demanding... so I'm pretty much destroying my body for no good reason and I feel stuck and unable to find a way out of this job. I find it very difficult to imagine I'm the only person in a situation like this, and I'm definitely not the only person struggling with work after COVID. I'm hoping other people can provide some info on what they did when they found themselves in a similar situation. Thank you for any suggestions, ideas, comments or whatever.