New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Who is paying the most for EVM smart contract development?

Ask HN: Who is paying the most for EVM smart contract development?
2 by vmception | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I want a job doing smart contract development. I can be Staff/Lead Engineer but I would be willing to consider entry level. Its annoying that its mostly underfunded and European startups doing this, which caps pay between $100k - $150k. I would prefer $250k mostly cash compensation like I would get in software engineering trades, stateside. I wish FAANG valued this skillset, but instead they indoctrinate everyone to be dismayed that mindshare is even being used on blockchain state machines and finance (while they work on ad retargeting systems lol). So, they have superior risk-free compensation but do not value this skillset. Square/Jack Dorsey has the unnecessarily exclusive Square Crypto team, which I would love to work for, but they are not doing work on EVMs. A bunch of Square shares somewhat makes up for that, but I really want to do work on EVMs and not Bitcoin/UTXO state machines as it will be a several years before the constitutional amendments pass on those networks for it to be more useful for arbitrary execution. I personally find smart contract development to be the most lucrative, directly monetizable form of software engineering, and I personally find it extremely interesting. It is just so hard to focus as the space moves so fast. I would prefer the structure of a team and someone else's vision, as opposed to doing consulting contract work or figuring out everything about monetization myself. Salary + Equity + Benefits + Tokens, ideally remote but let me know! vmception00 [at] gmail [dot] com