New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Best practices for organizing geospatial data from different sources?

Ask HN: Best practices for organizing geospatial data from different sources?
3 by chasely | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I am working on a project for fun using GeoTIFF, NetCDF, geojson, and satellite imagery as all part of the analysis. My ETL process for using this is basically a bunch of scripts to get the data to a place where I can actually run the analyses I'm interested in. I'd like to make it easier on myself by using a system that can query these different sources, e.g., give me the data within a bounding box (or polygon) for these variables and in the year 2018. Does such a system exist? Would dumping everything I can to a PostGIS database get me most of the way there? Hoping someone that works with this type of data at scale can provide some insight into best practices.