New ask Hacker News story: Repl.it didn't have “cancel” button for subscriptions

Repl.it didn't have “cancel” button for subscriptions
94 by jrd79 | 34 comments on Hacker News.
I just signed up for (and later cancelled) the "Hacker" plan on Repl.it. When I was ready to cancel, I went to the "My Account" page. On that page, there was a "Billing" section, but it didn't list any record of my subscription. And there was no button on the page for cancelling my subscription. (I was logged in on the subscribed account and had access to my "private" REPLs, which is what the subscription lets you do.) I emailed support and they cancelled it for me, and said: "We are working on cancelling subscriptions being an automated process the user can do on their own." Support didn't respond to my question as to why my subscription was not listed in the "Billing" section, but it was presumably for the same reason that there was no "Cancel" button. According to Crunchbase.com, Repl.it has raised $24.6M. That they do not have a self-serve cancel functionality (and they have a deceptive "Billing" section that omits actual subscriptions) on their Account page is unethical and deserves community criticism. Please help spread the word so that they do better. [EDIT]: Someone, seemingly from repl.it writes: "Hey there, we upgraded our stripe library version and missed a part in our code the relied on the old behavior. That resulted in our billing info not rendering for about a day. Sorry about that! A deceptive "Billing" section is definitely not our intention."