New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Software engineer for 20 years what should I do next?

Ask HN: Software engineer for 20 years what should I do next?
4 by iamoverworked | 7 comments on Hacker News.
Ive been a web dev focused on all areas of the stack for 20 years. I'm currently leaving my role as VP of Engineering for a startup and I'm burned out. Look at my comment history. The job I'm leaving in 2 days did me in. They gave me a large sum of money to transition a new team on my way out. I'm debt free, turning 40, and unsure what to do next. I want to avoid traditional work and concentrate on my own pursuits. I have put many years of effort into learning to build 2d and 3d games during my free time. I also enjoy drawing comics. I'm considering moving into content creation teamed up with my wife... maybe doing contract web dev work to avoid draining my savings. I'd like to hear thoughts and suggestions for non traditional revenue streams / ways to live differently to make a more creation centric life for myself and my family. I really don't want to work for companies anymore if I can avoid it.