New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Critique a Council's website accessibility. Pass or fail?

Ask HN: Critique a Council's website accessibility. Pass or fail?
3 by ricardo81 | 2 comments on Hacker News.
In the UK I believe Councils are obliged by law to make information of public interest as accessible as possible when it's online. I'd appreciate people pointing out where/if this site is potentially in breach those obligations as I'm not entirely clued up on the laws other than the obligations to make info accessible. I note that some browser/OS combinations will make the site fail entirely, i.e. Firefox/Linux. You may need to change your user agent to see the actual content of the site. It also takes a long time to load. The site/issue is about a school campus being built on green space, due to COVID the 'public consultation' is entirely an online affair, via this website. I suspect it will not be discoverable by search engines due to the user agent sniffing, so that's not so good for people wanting to find out more about this topic. I've heard of campaigns against Council's actions succeeding based on the lack of effective public consultation and this is my main reason for wanting to scrutinise the site. https://ift.tt/3cj8mze