New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: What's your “crazy CEO” moment?

Ask HN: What's your “crazy CEO” moment?
2 by Ahmedb | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Title says it all. Mine was a couple of years ago, I applied to an established mobile games studio and went through the steps (recruiter, technical interview, CTO). The last step was a call with the CEO. They gave me his number and insisted I add him to my contact. He was going to call on WhatsApp at 5pm my time since he was on some island somewhere living the life. That day at 5pm there was no call, I waited 10mins then sent him a text still nothing. I assumed he had connectivity issues (because of the island and all). Instead my phone rang at 2am! I see his name as the Caller ID, we had a toddler in the house so I was up. I answered and he started by apologizing for calling late and missing our previous meeting and we had a good 15mins chat. I didn't take the job because my wife talked me out of it her main argument being: "You're not even working with the guy and he's calling you at 2am, image what it's like really working for him". I later learned the call wasn't a mistake and that it was a recruiting technique he used to judge candidates and their commitment.