New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: I can SSH, code, write books on an iPad but why would I want to?

Ask HN: I can SSH, code, write books on an iPad but why would I want to?
6 by ThinkBeat | 3 comments on Hacker News.
Over the years I see more and more stories about people being delighted to develop software, authoring books, sysadmin boxes etc on their iPad (or Android tablet). With a keyboard case, or in some other fashion, you can surely do so, but why would you ever want to do that over a laptop? You can get laptops with a decent built in keyboard and full access to Windows, OpenBSD, GNU/Linux, or whatever operating system you want with the wealth of tools that you can get there? Doing it on a machine as severely limited device like an iPad does not seem to me to be worth it. What is the attraction?