New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Home schooled boys got elective approval to work on crypto

Ask HN: Home schooled boys got elective approval to work on crypto
2 by andrewhillman | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Really frustrated. We home school our boys. They will be in 6th grade next sept. The school believes they are 2 grades ahead of their peers in math and science. They are bored. We submitted a proposal to teach the basics of crypto and stock trading. They wrote a paper for the school for why they should be able to study what they have interest in. We were denied 3x, but finally got approved after a recent school committee hearing... provided I follow guideline which are basically meaningless. My boys know php+ python, Go, rust, obj-c and learning solidity. Their first assignment is to create an Erc20 SMART CONTRACT to do whatever they want. FROM STEP 1. Does YouTube have a step by step tutorial on how a basic contract is made so they can learn with hacking which is what the do or do I need to buy a book on Amazon. I’ve been in crypto since 2012. I own crypto but I need to be supportive of their elective. Any tips links resources.