New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Has anyone here switched to a technical writing role?

Ask HN: Has anyone here switched to a technical writing role?
2 by poletopole | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I'm currently exploring switching from an engineering role to something else but I'm not sure what at the moment. I love building stuff but I feel like I've bottomed out after so many years as a senior developer, meaning, that coding still satisfies my creative needs but I'm no longer intellectually interested in doing so professionally speaking. Any how, I've been thinking about what different technical roles I can do or would be suited to do such as technical blogging or technical SEO. I'm not sure I want to start a business at this time in my life because I have other priorities, but it's still on my bucket list. So out of curiosity, has anyone here made the switch to technical content writing or another role for a company coming from an engineering background? If so, are you happier now or enjoy what you do? Are you employed by a company or are you an independent writer and what are the pros and cons of either?