New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Covid Long-hauler's in tech, how do you cope?

Ask HN: Covid Long-hauler's in tech, how do you cope?
5 by gremlinsinc | 0 comments on Hacker News.
If you're in a similar boat post-covid, how are you coping? Are you? Is there anything you've done that has helped alleviate the brain fog and focus issues or the anxiety/depression? My story: I'm a covid survivor, and to say I'm struggling is an understatement. I'm 41. Not young or old...in the middle I guess. Symptoms I've had: - Brain fog - I can't remember common aliases and commands I run almost daily. Sometimes I'm driving and I feel like I'm in a foreign land, and I can't remember where I'm headed and nothing looks familiar (I'm on my own street like two blocks from home when this happens sometimes). I once forgot my wife's name, I mean I couldn't remember it for nothing - then it came to me and I called her Alexa, and immediately knew that wasn't right and then it came back to me. - Random depression/anxiety/panic attacks... my heart rises, I can't breath, my o2 checks out but my HR is up ten points usually. - Pain in joints / back. - Constant fatigue - Numbness in arms/hands (like icy-hot mixed with lidocaine poured inside them). - Heat issues when I get over-exerted (doesn't take much -just walking to the mailbox). I get super itchy all down my back, but there are never any hives or anything. This has never happened to me, ever. Not even when I used to do crossfit. According to advice on /r/covidlonghaulers I began taking Pepcid + Loratadine for the antihistamines which is supposed to help as well as b3/niacin + l-tyrosine (stacker2 energy shot has these in them). Two days in on these and I've had the most clear two days of the past year. I felt very fatigued and about to collapse yesterday evening, just unable to function but it was about the time my Vyvanse was probably wearing off, so I was probably due a crash, but other than that I was able to code/work and just feel normal for once.