New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Best iPod Shuffle Alternative?

Ask HN: Best iPod Shuffle Alternative?
3 by ingvul | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I own an ipod shuffle 4th generation (https://ift.tt/1nR1Umn) that still works fine. I love it. It works great, the buttons are responsive, the battery is good and, above all, the size if perfect. The only downside is its capacity: "only" 2 GB. Now, 2 GB is a lot of music (for me) and for all these years it was enough... but somehow I need more space. Do you know a good alternative to the ipod shuffle? I've been googling and there are a lot of chinese mp3 players, but I'm doubtful of their quality (when it comes to physical buttons or touch screens). I'm looking for this: - small size. This is a must - I don't mind if it doesn't have a touch screen - at least 5 GB (sd card would be better) - decent battery - jack connector. Although I would love to use bluetooth, but I'm very skeptical of anything but Apple when it comes to bluetooth - clip to hang. Optional - plug and play. I don't want to install any extra software to transfer music from my pc/mac. Optional as well, but desirable