New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How does a private, nearly-inactive Twitter account get suspended?

Ask HN: How does a private, nearly-inactive Twitter account get suspended?
5 by erichocean | 4 comments on Hacker News.
My Twitter account got suspended today. I've had it since 2008, and it's under my real name. (Years ago, I was offered the option to get "Verified" by Twitter.) My account has been private for years. I haven't tweeted in years, though occasionally I will like someone's tweet. I don't accept new followers and haven't in years. I also think it's unlikely any of my legacy followers would have reported me. I do NOT think I have "liked" a tweet from an account that was later suspended. (I generally only like CS-related accounts—mostly 3D graphics, machine learning, etc. and occasionally, sports. Definitely nothing political or remotely controversial.) I have NOT gotten an email from Twitter about the suspension. Any ideas? I'm at a loss to discover what may have caused it, or even what to do. They are NOT asking for my phone number.