New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Am I blowing an acquihire offer?

Ask HN: Am I blowing an acquihire offer?
5 by HNadvice | 7 comments on Hacker News.
My side project that did $40K net income in 2020 received an acquihire offer in writing today. The acquirer offered a 1-year revenue share of 35% (which would act as the asset purchase for my side project) and a full-time employment offer at $160K/year + benefits. I initially asked for $185K/year which is the salary my current employer has been paying me for the past two years but then they rescinded the offer verbally saying I just wanted a job and was not being entrepreneurial. Now with the written offer, I just asked for revenue share projections and / or minimums to be specified so I know what kind of money to expect and make sure I don't make less than what I already do. Is this kind of structure typical with acquihires? By negotiating like this, am I in danger of blowing this offer (again)? HN's thoughts on this is greatly appreciated! About the Acquirer: Alexa top 5000 site $33M in revenue for 2020 16M page views / month