New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: If WinServer2019 was made free to use tomorrow,would you start using it

Ask HN: If WinServer2019 was made free to use tomorrow,would you start using it
16 by ThinkBeat | 14 comments on Hacker News.
If Microsoft decided to make using Windows Server 2019 (all edition) free to use tomorrow, would you start using it? And if so how? Would you be more likely to adopt it if Microsoft open-sourced it? (I know very little chance of that) In either case Microsoft could make money on support, and consulting services. I think more competition on the server side, than various flavours of Linux and some flavours of UNIX would be healthy. For a time I worked in Windows only enterprises and I had little to do with administering any of the servers, but code got deployed to them and I never had any issues with the parts of the server I used. I would think that there are some workloads and tasks that might make more sense to run on a Windows Server vs a Linux one but I am not sure what (aside from legacy Windows only applications)